Saturday, June 28, 2008

Such a strange season

This year has been strange for sure! Besides booking a record amount of weddings this year, I've had so many cancellations! Their have been two weddings that have been moved to another date and three that have just canceled out ... right in the middle of their contracts! Weird! It sure does make things hard on my marketing and education schedule when I had planned meetings and payments bag on me. I think it's time for me to go and review my contracts and put some clauses that will protect me a little bit more from all of these run away weddings ... or at the very least I need to review my business plan! This summers roller coaster of events has made me realize that I can not depend on weddings alone to support my business. I need to get back to pursuing my studio and portraiture work which is how I got into photography to begin with.

So with the advent of my newly opened weekends, I'm taking this time to revamp my in-home studio! Plus, on the brighter side, I was supposed to be shooting 10 weddings in a row this summer but now that I've had all of these cancellations and postponements I'm going to get to spend some quality time with the family during these summer weekends!

No comments: