Thursday, August 21, 2008

Whoo hoo! School is almost here!

Can you believe it!?!!? Monday is the first day of school! And yes, I can honestly say that I think I am more excited that my kids are :)

It has been a long and busy summer and I will need all the kid-free time to catch up on my processing work. I've got so many slide shows, albums and images to process that it's gonna take me an entire month just to get back up to speed.

But, with all of that in mind I am also going to use the quiet time to re-evaluate my business plan. This is something that I do every fall and every time I do think about things I begin to make some changes ... for the better I hope ;)

First and foremost I am going to dial back the amount of weddings that I take on next year. Don't get me wrong, I love working weddings but I don't enjoy all the time that it takes me away from my friends and family. Working almost 10 Saturdays in a row this summer really took a tole on me, my equipment, my family and not to mention my neglected house chores! Also, all of the time that I needed to devote to these wedding couples took me away from my devoted portrait customers. To those of you who know who you are, I am so very sorry for playing phone and email tag with ya and I have vowed to never let that happen again.

So, with all of these things in mind, by business plan is going to go through some major restructuring, re-pricing, re-scheduling and some fun re-vamping! Keep your eyes peeled and I'll be sure to let you know what is coming up soon :)

No comments: